8th September Update
Green light for Lefkas
And now the GOOD news…As you are probably aware, the UK Government is adopting regional travel corridors within countries. Although this has led to 7 Greek islands having quarantine restrictions imposed on returnees, we are pleased to announce that Lefkas is NOT one of them. Lefkas has one of the lowest infection rates in Greece and Europe as a whole (with the number of cases on the island between 0-4 per 100,000), making it highly unlikely that it will be added to the list. So you can safely travel to Club Vass, where we will continue to follow strict health & safety protocols to ensure your well-being throughout your stay.
9th July Update
Please see full details of our Club Vass Covid-19 Protocol here.
We are now open for non UK guests and are looking forward to welcoming our UK guests from the 19th July as UK and Greek government restrictions have now been lifted. We are very pleased to inform you that we will be opening our restaurant from 19th July for breakfast and lunch, whilst our beach bar will be open throughout the day and evening.
Please rest assured that Club Vass will be following strict health and safety protocols to ensure your well-being throughout your stay. These measures will cover general hygiene in all areas of the club including rooms, public areas, shop, bar and restaurant as well as all sports equipment, pools and sun-beds. Our staff are fully briefed and will be rigorously adhering to the Greek government guidelines. Social distancing markers are in place throughout the Club and hand sanitisers are prominently available. Windsurfing tuition for adults, ProKids and Kids Clubs will operate as usual, although we may need to split groups for land-base teaching to ensure social distancing. We have our usual fleet of SUPs and a limited number of MTBs (no guided rides) and we will also offer a program of yoga and Pilates classes.
1st July Update
As we anticipated, the Greek Government has announced that 15 July is the date from which UK direct flights can enter Greece without restrictions for passengers. We are expecting the UK Government to announce their ‘traffic light system’ for travel to other countries in the next day or so, with Greece being one of the countries that UK travellers can safely travel to with no requirement to quarantine on return. The FCO travel advice for Greece will consequently be relaxed, which means that personal travel insurance would still be valid. As soon as this happens we will be contacting all clients holding bookings for travel from 19th July onwards about their holiday plans.
Our centre is opening on 4th July for windsurfing holidays for non UK clients. The brand new 2020 kit has arrived and we are finalising the centre preparation and ensuring the necessary health protocols are in place for the safety and well-being of our guests and staff.
And most importantly, the sun is shining and the wind is blowing!
8th June Update
From today the UK Government have started to impose a 14 day quarantine on travellers incoming to the UK, which would obviously affect UK people travelling abroad on holiday. The UK Government has said it will be reviewed by the 29th June.
The UK is not on the current list of countries that Greece is allowing visitors from although they will be continuously reviewing this policy. We hope that UK visitors may be permitted to travel to Greece by 1st July, when international flights will be allowed into Greek airports and hotels authorised to open. However this is not guaranteed and UK visitor’s entry to Greece may be delayed to 15th July, .
As a consequence we have had to withdraw UK Pack (flight inclusive holidays) up to and including 12th July. All clients affected have been contacted directly. We hope to restart our UK Pack holidays on 19th July, once the Greek and UK restrictions will have been relaxed. In light of this we are continuing to delay requests for holiday balance payments that are overdue or imminently due.
We intend to open our centre from the beginning of July for windsurfing holidays for non UK clients.
The brand new 2020 kit is on its way to Vassiliki and we are currently preparing the centre and ensuring that the necessary health protocols will be in place.
30th April Update
The Greek government has announced its plans for a gradual easing of the lockdown in Greece. Although the details have not yet been specified, a broad timetable has been outlined.
According to this ‘roadmap’ international flights will resume from the end of June and most tourist facilities (including accommodation and sports) will open from July 4th although there may be certain restrictions in place. We are still waiting for further clarification and do not as yet know what social distancing measures, if any, will need to be implemented. Of course we will be strictly following government guidelines and ensuring the health and safety of our clients and staff will be our top priority.
The UK government has yet to announce its lockdown lifting strategy, including advice on international travel, and we are waiting for confirmation from airlines regarding the operation of our flights from July onwards. All May and June holidays from UK have necessarily had to be withdrawn and all affected clients have been contacted individually by email from our UK office. Once we have any further information on July holidays we will contact everyone concerned individually too.
In light of this we are continuing to delay requests for holiday balance
payments that are overdue or imminently due.
10th April Update
We have now had confirmation from the airlines operating our Gatwick flights that they have been withdrawn for May departures. All clients affected will be contacted very shortly, if this has not already been done, to advise on possible options. We are continuing to monitor the situation for dates beyond this and will post updates and advise clients affected accordingly. In light of this we are continuing to delay requests for holiday balance payments that are overdue or imminently due.
Meanwhile a bit of good news; so far the measures taken by the Greek government seem to have been successful. Greece has one of the lowest rates of infections aided by the fact that it has been relatively easy to protect the islands by isolating them. To our knowledge Lefkas has had only 1 case of Coronavirus and reports are that the person concerned is recovering well. Meanwhile all schools and non-essential shops are closed and hotels are currently not allowed to re-open until the end of April to further reduce the impact and spread of the virus and hopefully eradicate it in the coming weeks.
7th April Update
During these unprecedented times we are closely monitoring government and airline guidelines. As yet there is no clear indication on whether flight programs to Greece will resume by May/June but we will keep you updated on any developments. The office is still only sparsely manned so if you wish to contact us please do so by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will contact those clients who hold bookings as soon as we have any clear-cut information on holidays for May/June.
24th March Update
In light of the ongoing Coronavirus situation we would like to advise you of the latest information regarding your holiday and hopefully to minimise any worries you may have about it.
At the time of posting, as we understand it, there are no absolute travel restrictions on entering Greece imposed by the UK FCO or the Greek government (for travellers from the UK). Currently flights are still being allowed in and out of Greece, unlike some other EU countries. However, the UK FCO has just advised against non-essential foreign travel for the next 30 days. The Greeks have imposed the closure of schools, cafes, restaurants, hotels etc., but only up to the end of April. They have also just introduced a 14 day quarantine period for anyone entering the country. Our view is that these measures are designed to deliver a hard shock to stop the spread of the virus (as most EU countries are doing) before the tourist season starts in May.
There’s a lot of news about many flights being cancelled but it appears these are all up to the end of April. From May onward most airlines appear to be maintaining their flight programmes. Currently our flights are still contracted to operate, and the intention would be to open 24 May as planned. Of course if these restrictions are extended from the end of April and/or UK FCO/Greek government imposes a ban on UK originating flights we will review the situation. We are asking our clients to bear with us, as the situation is very fluid, whilst we see what transpires over the next couple of weeks.
Notwithstanding all that, if we can’t provide your holiday for reasons such as a travel ban, quarantine restrictions or closure of services then either we would offer to transfer you to an alternative date later in the season or a refund of any monies paid, which is embodied in our Booking Conditions.
We’re all in un-chartered territory with this and events have moved swiftly over the last few days, but when we have any further information or updates or circumstances change that affects our holidays we will contact everyone concerned as soon as possible and update our news here.